While reading through my recipes book, i saw this cheesecake chiffon from Alex Goh fantastic cheesecake book and decided to give it try. As a cheesecake lover myself i could not resist this temptation to bake myself one. Happily to say my family all comment that it was very soft and tasty. It was gone within one day.
Sorry i did not manage to take the photo after slicing, coz my hubby and son was happily helping themselves on it.
40g cream cheese
65 g flour
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
pinch of salt
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
80g of chocolate chips
- Cook (A) over double-boiler until well blended and it thickens.
- Remove it from double-boiler. Add (B) and mix until smooth.
- Add (C) and mix until well combined.
- Whip the egg whites in (D) until foamy. Add in the rest of the (D) ingredients. Whip until stiff. Add it into the cheese mixture from step (3). Fold in by hand until well incorporated.
- Pour it into 21cm chiffon pan. Bake at 180C for 45 mins, remove foil and continue to bake for 5 mins. Remove it and invert the pan upside down.