Ingredients: (Makes a 8 inch square tin)
250g water chestnuts flour
500g fresh water chestnuts
200ml coconut milk
400g rock sugar
4 pieces of pandan leaf
- Wash water chestnuts, cut and chop them into small little pieces into your desired size. Wash pandan leaf and tight them into a knot.
- Mix water chestnut flour with 500ml water, strain and set aside.
- Put pandan leaf, rock sugar, 550ml water, 200ml coconut milk into a pot and cook until rock sugar dissolved.
- Remove the pandan leaf.
- Add in the chopped water chestnuts and water chestnuts mixtures.
- Keep stirring until mixture thicken like white glue.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased tin and steam on high heat for 40 minutes.
- Original recipes calls for 250ml coconut milk, but i do not like the strong flavour of coconut milk. ( i reduce to 200ml)
- I reduce the fresh water chestnut from 600g to 500g. (just right for me) I diced it into very small pieces like the garlic (still recovering from toothache)
- No pandan leaf was stated in the recipes, i add to enhance the flavour for reducing the 50ml coconut milk.
- Require only 30 minutes of steaming, but i find the mixture still sticky on the surface so i continue to steam until 45 minutes.
- Grease the tin well. (it easy to remove after cool)
- Cool the pudding completely and cover with a cling wrap to be eaten on the next day. (it tastier to eat it chill from the fridge)