150g butter, softened
150g castor sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter)
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup
- Preheat oven to 165C 20 mins.
- Cream butter and sugar until light.
- Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don't worry if batter doesn't look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
- Fill each batter into the muffin liner 1/3 full.
- Top each cake with 11/2 tsp nutella.
- Swirl nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up and over the nutella.
- Bake for 15 mins and switch to top heat for 5 mins in the middle rack.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.