Makes 10 pieces
1/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
28g cold butter
1 cup + 2 tbsp plain flour
1/2 cup fine sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup milk
71g unsalted butter (melted)
1 large apple (remove skin, encore and cut into small cube)
- Preheat oven at 200C.
- In a medium bowl, mix sifted flour, brown sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Rub in the cold butter and set aside.
For Muffins: -
- Sift flour, add in sugar, baking powder, salt and set aside.
- In another bowl beat egg, add milk and melted butter mix well.
- Fold in the chopped apple and fill batter 80% full in the muffin cup.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of streusel topping.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 mins. Leave the muffin in the tray for 5 mins and remove to cool on the wire tray.