Pardon me for the large hole, I forgot to tap the cake tin lightly before bake.
4 large egg yolks
50g veg oil
150g strawberry yogurt
1 tsp of strawberry essence
120g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 baking soda
5 large egg whites
1/4 cream of tartar
- Whisk yolks and sugar until dissolves.
- Add oil and salt, whisk and add strawberry yogurt. Mix well.
- Add in sifted flour and mix until no lump.
- Using an electric mixer, beat till frothy. Add in cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks, follow by the sugar continue to beat until stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/3 of the meringue and mix with the egg yolk until well combined. Add the remaining meringue and mix well.
- Pour the batter into 21cm cake tin. Bake at 180C for 60 mins. Remove the foil and bake for 10 mins.
- When it cool, remove it from the mould.