Thursday, May 12, 2011

Double chocolate chips cookies





















A easy cookies bake by my dear boy. My dear boy recently develop a interest in baking, he always pester me to let him bake on his own. One morning he woke my DH holding the hp and ask him to take video of him. My DH was still wondering what he's up to until he saw my DB had already took out my baking stuff and preparing to do a demo on baking for his dad. Haa! A short video of him playing with my stuff :) I gave the cookies to share with his teacher and friends. The feedback was really good.

Here i am submitting this post to: Aspiring Bakers #7- Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG from Tested and Tasted http://testedandtasted.blogspot.com/2011/05/aspiring-bakers-7-chocolate-delight-may.html
Ingredients:
220g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda
125g butter
125g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
80 g chocolate chips
80g white chocolate chips
100g macadamia (roasted and chopped)

Methods:
  1. In a bowl, sift all flour and set aside.
  2. using another bowl cream the butter and the sugar until light.
  3. Add the egg and vanilla essence mix until well blended.
  4. Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped macadamia
  6. Shaped the dough into balls and place them on the baking sheet.
  7. Bake in a preheated oven for 180C 15 mins or until the edges are golden brown.
Notes:
  • The cookies will spread alot must leave spacing about 2 inches apart.
  • Use melon scoop and flatten them on the baking sheet.
  • It yield about 50 pcs large and thin cookies.
Source: From my neighbour




1 comment:

DG said...

Congrats! Now you have a competent baking assistant to help you :) The cookies look crunchy & yummy!