Here i am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #7 – Chocolate Delight (May 2011) hosted by DG from Tested and Tasted http://testedandtasted.blogspot.com/2011/05/aspiring-bakers-7-chocolate-delight-may.htmlIngredient: (makes a 9 inch square tin)
- 160g cake flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 75 ml milk (divide into two portion)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp matcha
- 200g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 190g icing sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150g ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sift all flour together in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Divide the milk into two portion and warm it. Add the cocoa powder in portion one and add the matcha in portion two mix well.
- In another large bowl beat the butter with the icing sugar until creamy.
- Slowly add eggs one by one and whisk till well combined.
- Mix in the sifted flour and ground almonds.
- Divide the batter into two portion. Mix portion one with the cocoa mixture and portion two with matcha mixture.
- Pour half portion of the chocolate batter in the well greased cake tin, cover with the matcha batter and finish with the remaining chocolate batter.
- Bake for 50 -60 mins or till cooked.
- I baked it in two oval cake tin.
- Must line and grease the cake tin well.
- Next time must add cream cheese frosting on the cake. It helps to enhance the taste.
- Tips: Can add some chopped walnuts, almond flake, chocolate chip & etc.
- I add 100g white chocolate chips to the chocolate batter.