So sad that i flung my Traditional Mooncake, i decided to try walnuts mooncake.
I'm submitting this post to: Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid-Autumn Treats (September 2011) http://happyhomebaking.blogspot.com/2011/09/aspiring-bakers-11-mid-autumn-treats.html hosted by HAPPY HOME BAKING
Ingredients (Make 20 pieces)
190g plain flour
13g custard powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
25g icing sugar
110g salted butter
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
40 walnuts for deco
- Cream sifted icing sugar, shortening, butter and vanilla essence together until slightly white. (using slow speed first, then change to high speed)
- Gradually add the 1/2 egg.
- Lastly add in sifted flour, custard powder and baking soda and mix till soft dough form. (do not over mix). Leave dough in the fridge overnight or for a few days.
- Take dough out from fridge and divide into 20g each and 30g each for the fillings.
- Wrap filling into dough and place walnut on both side like a bolster. Apply eggs wash and bake in a preheated oven at 160C for 10 mins. Take out and leave it about 10 mins and apply egg wash again. Bake it for 15mins.