Recently, My DH kept prompting me to try baking some CNY cookies for him to test. He wanted to choose some tasty one among a few types, i bake and gave to his customer as a gift. (Coz i never bake any CNY cookies before, he don't trust me) I should be trying some Log Cake instead CNY cookies. OMG! My Son is asking for his dear gingerbread man. So i decided to try my DH favorite Cashew Nuts Cookies. But he like those traditional type, so I'm trying my luck. :>
Cream butter and sugar
Add in egg and vanilla essence
Mix all flour and cashew nuts powder
Lastly, gently fold them together
Tata! Out of the oven now
- 120g Butter/Margarine
- 70g Castor Sugar
- 30g Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 180g Plain Flour
- 20g Custard Powder
- 1 Small Egg
- 60g Roasted Finely Grinded Cashew Nuts Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Some Roasted Cashew Nuts, halved (decoration)
- 1 Egg Yolk (for glazing)
- a few drop of yellow colour (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add egg and vanilla essence mix till well combined.
- Mix in all the sifted flour and grinded cashew nuts to form into a pliable dough.
- Place the dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper, roll into 1/2 cm thick.
- Cut into shape using any cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
- Press the half cashew nut on top of the cookies and glaze with the egg yolk.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 15-20 mins till golden brown.
- Cool completely before storing.
Sadly to say he reject this. I'll continue to try until i reach the taste.