Friday, December 17, 2010

Crispy Cashew Nuts Cookies 1

Recently, My DH kept prompting me to try baking some CNY cookies for him to test. He wanted to choose some tasty one among a few types, i bake and gave to his customer as a gift. (Coz i never bake any CNY cookies before, he don't trust me) I should be trying some Log Cake instead CNY cookies. OMG! My Son is asking for his dear gingerbread man. So i decided to try my DH favorite Cashew Nuts Cookies. But he like those traditional type, so I'm trying my luck. :>

Cream butter and sugar

Add in egg and vanilla essence

Mix all flour and cashew nuts powder

Lastly,  gently fold them together

Tata! Out of the oven now


Ingredients:
  • 120g Butter/Margarine
  • 70g Castor Sugar
  • 30g Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • 180g Plain Flour
  • 20g Custard Powder
  • 1 Small Egg
  • 60g Roasted Finely Grinded Cashew Nuts Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • Some Roasted Cashew Nuts, halved (decoration)
  • 1 Egg Yolk (for glazing)
  • a few drop of yellow colour (optional)

Method:
  1. Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add egg and vanilla essence mix till well combined.
  2. Mix in all the sifted flour and grinded cashew nuts to form into a pliable dough.
  3. Place the dough in between 2 sheets of parchment paper, roll into 1/2 cm thick.
  4. Cut into shape using any cookie cutter of your choice.
  5. Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
  6. Press the half cashew nut on top of the cookies and glaze with the egg yolk.
  7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 15-20 mins till golden brown.
  8. Cool completely before storing.
Sadly to say he reject this. I'll continue to try until i reach the taste.

No comments: