I used this sponge to do my girl birthday cake using a "8 inch" square cake tin. Flung or pass the test? It is soft and fluffy.
- 4 Eggs
- 120g Castor Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 130g Cake Flour (Sifted)
- 30g Melted Butter
- 30g Strawberry Milk (i used HL Strawberry)
- 1 Tsp Strawberry Emulco
- 1/2 Tsp Strawberry Essence
- Whisk the eggs and sugar on high speed about 8 mins until double in volume. (soft peak)
- Stir in the sifted flour in 3 patches, mix until well blended.
- Add in the melted butter and fold well.
- Add the milk and strawberry emulco/strawberry essence fold gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 20cm square mould. Bake at a preheated oven for 30-35mins
Adapted from: http://pengskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/12/simple-sponge-cake.html