Aspiring Bakers #1: Chiffon Cakes (Nov 2010)
This is the first time i decided to join in a challenge and i find it's an interesting experience for me. Usually, i'll alway hid in a corner sliently every night searching blogs and source for new recipes to improve my baking skill . Hence, i'm sumitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #1: Chiffon Cakes (Nov 2010) http://smallsmallbaker.blogspot.com/2010/11/aspiring-bakers-1-chiffon-cakes-nov.html
Ingredients A (21cm chiffon tin)
4 Egg yolks
50g Castor sugar
120g Carrot, Shredded
60g Walnuts, chopped
Pinch of salt
120g Plain Flour (i used 100g plain flour and 20g cornflour)
1 tsp Baking Powder
11/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
4 Egg Whites ** (5 Egg White if desired)
50g Castor Sugar
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Mix A until well blended.
- Whisk the egg whites in B until foamy. Then add in the sugar and cream of tartar. Continue whisking until stiff.
- Take 1/4 of the meringue and mix it into the egg yolk mixture from step (1) until combined. Add the remaining meringue and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the chiffon tin. Bake at 180C for 50 minutes and 10 minutes to brown the surface.
- Immediately invert it after taking out from the oven and let it cool.