4 large egg yolks
180g mashed dragon fruit
40g vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
120g plain flour ( i remove 2 tbsp of plain flour and replace with 2 tbsp corn flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
5 large egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Hand whisk egg yolks with sugar until dissolves.
- Add salt, oil, banana essence and mashed banana mix until combined.
- Then add in the sifted flour, mix until no lump form.
- In another bowl whisk egg whites at a high speed until frothy, add in the cream of tartar whisk till soft peaks. Add in the sugar in patches and whisk till stiff peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of the meringue and mix with the egg yolk until combined. Add the remaining meringue and mix well.
- Pour the batter into 21cm chiffon tin. Bake at 180c for 50 mins.
- Remove the foil and bake for 5-10 mins for browning the surface.