Saturday, November 20, 2010

Mango Yogurt Sponge Cake

Another overdue posting on May 2010.  I find it so difficult to to express my feeling in words and I'm so afraid that i might make a fool of myself by posting error here and there :( Anyway who cares, i am what i am. Blur Blur queen!!!


This is my another first attempt of sponge cake. I always find it so difficult to bake a sponge cake, as compare to chiffon. Don't understand why? This is a mini mould cake, but i was too lazy to grease the mini mould one by one. Hence, i did it into a "8 inch" cake square mould. Look ugly but delicious and not too sickening

Ingredients:
(A)
3 eggs
280g sponge mix
(B)
100g mango yogurt drink
(C)
120g melted butter
60g Mango yogurt

Methods:
  1. Whip (A) until light. Stir in (B) and continue whipping until light and fluffy.
  2. Fold in (C) and mix until well blended.
  3. Pour the batter into a greased square mould. Bake at 180C 40 minutes remove foil and bake for 10 minutes to brown the surface.

Adapted from: Alex Goh baking book (Fruity Cakes)

No comments: