These was a last minutes decision to bake for my dear son Bird Park outing with school. I didn't expected to have so huge patch of cupcakes made. But the batter was already done, so i decide to share with his classmate too. I packed 30 pieces in a box, 6 pieces in his lunch box and 6 in our stomach, 27 in another box for my DH colleague and left 9 for supper. Finally, settle the whole huge patch. Yummy!!! The assorted cupcakes are consists of chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, strawberry jam and Blueberry jam.
Ingredients: (Makes 76 mini pieces)
125g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 large eggs (70g each / i used white eggs/ slightly beaten)
210 plain flour
40g corn starch
1 tbsp baking powder
81/2 tbsp milk
Some strawberry jam, blueberry jam, black and white chocolate chips (1/4 tsp on the cupcake and swirl)
- Preheat oven at 190C for 15 minutes.
- Sift all flour, baking powder and sea salt together. Mix well using a fork or spoon.
- Using a mixer whisk the butter and sugar till light.
- Add the eggs slowly.
- Fold in the sifted flour, alternatively with milk in 3 patch.
- Pipe the batter into the mini cupcakes holder till 80% full.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips or spoon the jams on the batter.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes