Ingredients (Makes 2 loaf tin or 8 inch square tin)
160g unsalted butter
60g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup homemade dulce de leche
200g plain flour
40g corn flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs
- Sieve all flour twice and set aside.
- Grease cake tin if using and preheat oven at 170C.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in salt, vanilla essence and dulce de leche, whisk till incorporated.
- Turn to low speed slowly add in all the sifted flour and whisk till smooth and not lumpy.
- Add in the eggs gradually one at a time, whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 170C for 1 hour.
Verdict of this cake
- My DH and son like it alot, they had it for supper and breakfast. Each took two slices at ago.
- Don't be fool by it appearance ( lousy presentation and foto taking), the pound cake itself was very moist and light..... I can't describe the feeling some furry feeling with the strong aroma of dulce de leche lingering in your mouth.
- Will try to bake it again using the original recipes with condensed milk.