Ingredients (Makes a 9 inch square tin)
100g caster sugar
100g brown sugar
130g dark chocolate
6 tbsps chocolate chips
350ml chocolate milk
300g self-raising flour
130g unsalted butter, (softened)
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg, (beaten)
2 tsps vanilla essence
some icing sugar to sprinkle
- Grease and lined the cake tin. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place half of sugar and chocolate in bowl. Heat the milk in a pan and when simmering remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate and sugar. Stir till chocolate melted and sugar dissolved.
- In another bowl, whisk the butter, remaining sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffly.
- Stir in the beaten egg and whisk for a 5 minutes.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture, 3 tbsps of the chocolate chips and flour.
- Pour the ready batter into the cake tin, sprinkle the another 3 tbsps of chocolate chips and bake for 45 minutes or until just set.